Blogging is my primary business and I love it. The biggest challenge for me and my web designers is creating an understanding of the value of a blog. Business owners often view a blog as an extra and unnecessary part of their business and website. The reality is that a blog is one of the most valuable marketing tools you have for your business.
Here’s why your business needs a blog:
- Establishes you as the expert: What better way to illustrate all that you know about your industry than to write about it for your readers. You might think you have nothing to say. Rest assured a good writer can help you create ideas and blog posts that will get your business noticed. Trust me. I write for a local plumbing and septic system business. The work is shitty (get it?) but I learn a lot.
- Gives free tips and information to clients and prospects: Just as I am doing here, a blog is your opportunity to share tips about your business and industry. You might tell people how to change a faucet but it doesn’t mean they will do it themselves. More than likely they will call you because you’re the expert. After all, it’s on your blog!
- Content is King (or Queen) with Google: If you want to be found online the best way is to play nice with Google. Strategically use keywords for higher search results and establish a Google+ account. Google+ is Google’s answer to Facebook. Posting to the G+ social network using keywords will get you higher in search results than with any other social network at this time.
- Simply a Website: Having a blog means your website can be fairly simple and straightforward. The blog is where the content changes. Search engines love new content so it’s a win-win.
- Maintenance: Because you’re not changing content and design of your website every time you sneeze (see #4) maintaining a blog is relatively easy. I recommend utilizing user-friendly WordPress as your website platform. It’s simple and straight forward even for a novice blogger.
- Drives traffic to your website: Combined with social media a blog can drive traffic to your website. They come for the blog post and stay for a tour of services and products. It’s a lead generator and all you did was write a post about what you know – your business and industry.
- Create, change or maintain a business brand: A blog is a great opportunity to show readers what your business. It gives your business a personality in a crowded marketplace. This is called branding your business.
- Establishes relationship with readers: Let your personality shine through on the blog. You’re creating a relationship with your readers who are either customers or prospects. You’re networking and building a relationship with your reader.
Share your blog in the comments and let’s get connected! No time to blog? That’s okay because we can ghostwrite posts under your guidance. Contact us today at 480-206-6452 to learn more.